- Your bone is continuously shrinking for the rest of your life if you are missing teeth
- When your denture starts to get loose, the movement can make the denture hard to use and if there is constant rubbing of the dentures can cause sore spots or accelerate the shrinkage of your bone
- Relines are implemented to fill in the space of the denture and your gums that have shrunk.
- The relined dentures will refit to your gums and will minimize the looseness, rubbing, and minimize the rate of shrinkage of your bone.
- A reline will give you a more stabilized and a better fit of the denture
- Insurance or seniors plans cover them every 2 years
What relining entails?
- Coming into the office in the morning for a new impression taken In your dentures
- Leaving the dentures for half a day
- Dentures are often given back to you the same day
When should you get a reline
- Relines are recommended every 2 years
- Insurance usually cover relines every 2 years
- For immediate or surgical dentures, it is highly recommended to get your 1st reline initially 6 – 12 months after insertion of dentures.
- The temp. liner is removed and replaced with acrylic
- Not usually covered by insurance companies
Where can you get the Reline
- At your denturist’s office – Woodside Denture Centre
How to book your reline
- If you had your dentures made here, we will set a friendly reminder to let you know about your 2 year mark with your current dentures
You can always call the office to book an appointment for a free consultation
Woodside Denture Centre
#3 – 409 1st AVE NW, Airdrie, AB T4B 3E2 Phone: 403.948.0954 | Fax: 403.948.0983
Use the form below to contact us via our website. An email will be sent to us with the information you enter and we will respond as quickly as possible.