As we enter this new year, we are excited to share the latest trends with Dentures that can change your life! Over the past 20 years, there have been notable advancements in denture technology and materials making the process less painful, and less time-consuming with more options for the individual.
At Woodside Denture Centre, we pride ourselves in always keeping up with technology that will make your experience less invasive, and more personable. You may be wondering, “What’s Changed?” We are here to share how we have kept up with the times to ensure your denture experience is one that is low stress, leaving you satisfied with your new smile!
- Digital Dentures: The use of digital technology in dentistry has been on the rise. Digital impressions, computer-aided design (CAD), and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) technologies are being employed to create more precise and customized dentures. The digital workflow allows for a high level of precision and customization. Denturists can tailor the denture design to match the individual characteristics of the patient’s mouth, resulting in a better fit and improved comfort.
- 3D Printing: 3D printing technology is increasingly being used in dentistry, including the production of dentures. We create a digital impression of the patient’s mouth. This is typically done using an intraoral scanner, which captures a detailed 3D image of the patient’s gums, remaining teeth, and other oral structures. The digital impression serves as the foundation for the design of the denture. In this digital environment, dental professionals can precisely design the denture, customizing it to fit the unique anatomy of the patient’s mouth. The design includes the shape, size, and arrangement of teeth, as well as the contours of the gums.
- Improved Materials: Advances in materials science have led to the development of stronger, more durable, and more lifelike materials for dentures. This includes improvements in acrylics, resins, and other materials used in both full and partial dentures.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Implant-supported dentures continue to gain popularity. Dental implants provide stability and support for dentures, enhancing their functionality and comfort for the wearer.
- Aesthetic Enhancements: There is a growing emphasis on achieving natural-looking aesthetics in dentures. Denturists are using advanced techniques and materials to create dentures that closely resemble natural teeth, both in color and shape.
- Faster Production Times: With the integration of digital technologies and 3D printing, the production times for dentures have been reduced. This can lead to quicker turnaround times for patients.
- Patient Education and Involvement: Denturists are increasingly focusing on patient education and involving patients in the decision-making process. This includes discussing various treatment options, materials, and the overall treatment plan for denture procedures.
The use of new technology and materials for dentures continues to evolve, and ongoing advancements in technology and materials are likely to further improve the efficiency and effectiveness of this approach.
Woodside Denture Centre is always improving, learning, and growing as a team. To learn more book a consultation using any of the technologies or techniques mentioned in this blog. Contact Us and we would be happy to help you with our Free consultations.